This position provides the opportunity for networking with local physicians and health system administrators. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and implementation of patient navigational case management services to patients referred from the City of New Orleans Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) Clinic. The primary role of the LCSW will be to provide enrolled patients with the tools and resources necessary to improve their quality of life and use the medical system effectively.
ORGANIZATION AND WORK PRODUCT:
- Manages patients’ Continuity of Care by providing case management services.
- Schedules and completes contact with clients, coordinate services and conduct consistent assessment activities or when indicated by clients’ needs or lack of progress in achieving the desired outcomes.
- Facilitates client entry and linkage to various professional services. Refers and advocates for patients to ensure they receive appropriate benefits and/or services.
- Assesses and analyzes immediate patient’s needs; assisting them with health insurance enrollment, appropriate selection and the best health insurance plan based on their healthcare needs and financial means.
- Develops and assists patients with applying for additional community resources as indicated and/or needed.
- Acts as the liaison and coordinate community outreach events and activities to educate the general public on the available enrollment services: Medicaid and Medicare eligibility requirements, as well as Affordable Care Act/Health Insurance Market Place assistance.
- Successfully maintains Market Place navigator certification.
- Assists and prepares annual progress and audit reports.
- Provides outreach and education services in order to meet HCH program requirements.
- Documents timely and accurately in the patients’ Electronic Health Record (EHR) on all services offered and provided.
PROJECT PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION:
- Proactively anticipates the timelines needed to complete your assignments to design and implement various work projects.
- Prioritizes your work assignments to meet project deadlines and productivity goals.
- Develops knowledge of the community’s network of services available to homeless individuals, which include partner agencies, shelters, and social service agencies, etc.
- Identifies and develops cooperative working relationships with community partners and agencies.
- Participates in city-wide network meetings with the homeless collaborative as assigned and/or needed.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of case management experience, working in the acute care setting, with underserved populations is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Market Place and Affordable Care Act a plus and Medicaid billing process is preferred.
- Quality and/or Performance Improvement experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, patient-centered atmosphere.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance Market Place and Affordable Care Act: 1 year
- Social Work: 1 year
- Required license or certification:
- Clinical Social Worker
Send resume to:
Zachary Schnitzer, LMSW
Health Guardians, Patient Navigator
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans
8326 Apricot Street, Suite 203
New Orleans, LA 70118