You are here
Working w/ Adolescents & Their Families:Improving Skills for Mental Health & Addiction Professionals - Online CEU
This three hour workshop focuses on ideas, topics, theory, skills, and evidenced based practices for working with adolescents ages 12 on including young adults ages 18 to 22. Various treatment settings will be discussed and developing skills for helping this population will be a primary focus. Common adolescent issues will be discussed for emphasizing skill building for therapists. For example depression, anxiety, ADHD, ODD, conduct disorder, addictions, internet and gaming issues, and school, peer, behavioral, and family concerns also. Gender, Cultural, Sexual, and psycho-social issues will also be focused on. The presenter values audience participation, sharing, and interactions. Didactic, case vignettes, and possible video will be part of the program and methods of teaching.
From this workshop, participants will learn:
- Evidenced based practice models for working with adolescents and their families.
- New therapeutic skills for helping adolescents and their families.
- Culturally appropriate interventions for working with adolescents and their families.
- Individual, group, and family therapy skills for helping adolescents and young adults.
Dr. Marvin W. Clifford has been with the Ochsner Health System for 28 years as the Director of Group Therapy and The Director of the Employee Assistance Program. He is also an Adjunct Professor with the Tulane University School of Social Work for the last 27 years. His experience as a social worker spans almost five decades. He has done clinical work, supervision, administration, publication and research, and teaching. His clinical interests are working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and groups. He is skilled in mental health, addictions, and co-occurring disorders. He has done presentations at the local level, state, and national events.
Workshop Details & Cancellation Policy:
The event will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2020 from 9 am to 12:00 pm online.
This training is designed for mental health professionals, is held online, and provides 3 clinical hours.
The registration fee is $45. Tulane University adjuncts, DSW students, faculty, and staff may contact us for discount codes.
Payments must be made via credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). Your registration is NOT complete until we have received your payment. Once your payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your registration into the program. Only at that time are you guaranteed a spot at the workshop.
In the event you cannot come to our program, please notify us 24 hours before the program begins, either by email (preferred) at email@example.com or via phone at 504-247-1446. We will refund the registration fee if notified 24 hours prior to the workshop.
For more information, please contact Jessica St. Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 504-247-1446.
The following policies apply to training events held online.
- Please do not share the Zoom Meeting link with anyone who is not registered. We must honor Tulane University policies around capacity and create a waiting list for these events. If an individual has not registered in Constant Contact but attends the Zoom Meeting, this person will not receive credit for their attendance.
- If you cannot attend the meeting, please let us know to cancel your registration. We have a long and growing waiting list for these sessions, and we would like to be able to offer those individuals the opportunity to attend.
- TSSW is available to offer minimal technology assistance, such as unmuting or muting your microphone.
- Register for Zoom at least 20 minutes in advance to account for any technology issues prior to the meeting.
- Mute microphone upon entry.
- Maintain a professional view of your camera to include attire and background. You should have limited distractions visible in the background.
- Attendance is extremely important to the amount of credit hours you will receive. Time will be deducted from the total credit hour(s) when you are not in attendance.
- The quiz/evaluation will be emailed to you by the following Tuesday. Certificates will be issued after you have completed the survey.
- If you choose to call in, use the Zoom "Connect to Audio" option with your Participant ID.