This job engages in advanced clinical social work practice in the medical setting based on the application of social work theory, knowledge, ethics and methods to restore or enhance, social, psychosocial or bio-psychosocial functioning of individuals, couples, families, groups, organizations and communities. Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of prevention, assessment and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and addictive disorders; engages in multi-disciplinary treatment planning and clinical social work duties and coordinates and implements complex discharge plans through the use of Ochsner and community-based services.
- Interviews and assesses patients and assists throughout patient care plan.
- Identifies and provides helpful resources to patients and families.
- Maintains patient records and documents and communicates critical information to the medical team.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Required - Master's degree in Social Work (MSW)