As the Tulane University School of Social Work finishes up its summer semester, we are elated to add 21 Master of Social Work (MSW) graduates to our growing list of alumni doing work that matters. Half of those graduates are also joining the Phi Alpha Honor Society. According to their website, “the purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideas. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.”
To be eligible for Phi Alpha, a student must earn a 3.8 cumulative grade point average or higher by their last semester in the TSSW MSW program.
Join us in welcoming the following TSSW Master of Social Work degree graduates to the Phi Alpha Honor Society.
- Ashley Barrett from Bloomington, IN
- Stacey Bennet from Yuma, AZ
- Doneshia Burns from Mound Bayou, MS
- Jillian deRosas from New Orleans, LA
- Christina Elder from Fayetteville, NC
- Alexa Gordon from Denham Springs, LA
- Ykeisha Govan-Sykes from Vivian, LA
- Staci Hinshaw from Puyallup, WA
- Moira Ortiz from New Orleans, LA
- Cassandra Seidler from San Clemente, CA
- Travis Tanner from New Orleans, LA