You are here
BACS - So, You Want to be a Board Approved Clinical Supervisor
This workshop is designed to provide the participant with the required 6.5 hours of BACS training to be able to complete the process of becoming a Board Approved Clinical Social Worker.
The Learning Objectives of the course are:
- Attendee will understand and apply the theory and techniques of supervision
- Attendee will understand and conceptualize the use of different supervision models
- Attendee will learn the process of supervision, record keeping and administration
- Attendee will learn how to effectively document a supervision work plan including goals, activities and outcomes
- Attendee will learn ethical frameworks for practicing supervision
- Attendee will learn methods of covering and developing supervisees in multicultural issues and diversity
This training is designed for mental health professionals and is hosted online. This continuing education workshop provides 6.5 Supervision hours. The cost of 1 ticket is $175. Tulane School of Social Work adjuncts, DSW students, faculty, and staff may contact us for discount codes. Only Master Card and Visa Accepted.
Parker Robinson, MHA, LCSW-BACS is the Director of the Porter Cason Institute and Center for Life Long Learning at the Tulane School of Social Work. She has been at Tulane since 2009. Ms. Robinson works in private clinical, agency, and community macro settings.
The event will be held on September 26, 2020 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CDT online.
This training is designed for mental health professionals and is hosted online. This continuing education workshop provides 6.5 Supervision hours. The cost of one ticket is $175. Tulane School of Social Work adjuncts, DSW students, faculty, and staff may contact us for discount codes. Only Master Card and Visa Accepted.
Tulane University adjuncts, DSW students, faculty, and staff may contact us for discount codes.
Payments can be made via credit card or via check or money order (payable to Tulane School of Social Work). Only MasterCard and Visa accepted. If you pay by check, payment should be mailed immediately after completing the online registration form. Your registration is NOT complete until we have received your payment. For checks, please mail your payment to:
ATTN: Jessica St. Pierre
School of Social Work
Tulane University #8906
127 Elk Place
New Orleans, LA 70112-2627
Your final registration is predicated on receiving your payment. Once your payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your registration into the program. Only at that time are you guaranteed a spot at the workshop.
In the event you cannot come to our program, please notify us 24 hours before the program begins, either by email (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 504-247-1446. We will refund the registration fee if notified 24 hours prior to the workshop.
Please do not share the Zoom Meeting link with anyone who is not registered. We must honor Tulane University policies around capacity and create waiting list for these events. If an individual has not registered in Constant Contact but attends the Zoom Meeting, this person will not receive credit for their attendance.
TSSW is available to offer minimal technology assistance, such as unmuting or muting your microphone.
- Register for Zoom at least 20 minutes in advance to account for any technology issues prior to the meeting.
- Mute microphone upon entry.
- Maintain a professional view of your camera to include attire and background. You should have limited distractions visible in the background.
- Attendance is extremely important to the amount of credit hours you will receive. Time will be deducted from the total credit hour(s) when you are not in attendance.
- The quiz/evaluation will be emailed to you by the following Tuesday.
- If you choose to call in, use the Zoom "Connect to Audio" option with your Participant ID.
For more information, please contact Jessica St. Pierre at 504-247-1446 or email her at email@example.com