The Tulane School of Social Work is constantly working to offer our alumni and community members a diverse offering of CEUs throughout the year.
Upcoming CEU events are listed below!
Improving Your Group Therapy Skills
Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 1:15 PM CST
This three hour seminar will focus on helping professionals doing groups to improve their skills. The mission will be on learning, expansion, and growth of mental health professionals doing groups. Skills will be emphasized and integrated into useful interventions. We will focus on groups with children, adolescents, and adults. Research, culture, and gender issues will be discussed as these pertain to group therapy. The audience will be limited to 25 participants.
The objectives are:
- Participants will learn a variety of interventions for various populations.
- Participants will learn a variety of theoretical models useful as group interventions.
- Participants will learn self-awareness, new skills, and professional growth as a result of their attendance.
The methods of teaching will be interactive, didactic, power point, video and experiential. A hand out will be provided. What the research states about doing effective groups will be highlighted.
Dr. Marvin W. Clifford has been with the Ochsner Health System for 28 years as the Director of Group Therapy and The Director of the Employee Assistance Program. He is also an Adjunct Professor with the Tulane University School of Social Work for the last 27 years. His experience as a social worker spans almost five decades. He has done clinical work, supervision, administration, publication and research, and teaching. His clinical interests are working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and groups. He is skilled in mental health, addictions, and co-occurring disorders. He has done presentations at the local level, state, and national events.
LMSW Test Prep for TSSW graduating class
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM CST
Lets get ready for the next stage in your career! This 4 hour test prep workshop will go over the process required to sit for your test, review the test outline, discuss test format /test taking tips and go through 50 questions on a recent ASWB exam. Parker Sternbergh will teach the workshop. She takes the test each year, teaches the LMSW/LCSW test prep class at Tulane and sat on the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners.
Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy with EFT Trainer George Faller
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 9:00 AM to Friday, May 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM
In this four-day Externship, participants will learn through a combination of lectures, observation of live interviews and role-play excercises. Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Identify the basic stages and steps of Emotionally Focused Therapy
- See marital distress from an attachment perspective
- Help couples recognize and deescalate problematic patterns of interaction
- Help couples understand the underlying attachment needs that drive these negative patterns
- Help couples create and restore the emotional bond between them
- Help couples repair attachment injuries, fostering healing within and between the couple.
- EFT Externships and Core Skills trainings are designed for mental health professionals.