You are here
Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship 2022
In this four-day Externship on Emotionally Focused Therapy, participants will learn through a combination of lectures, observation of live clinical sessions, and breakout groups for role-play exercises. Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Identify the basic stages and steps of Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Understand relationship stress from an attachment lens
- Help couples recognize and deescalate problematic patterns of interaction
- Help couples understand the underlying attachment needs that drive these negative patterns
- Help couples create and restore the emotional bond between them
- Help couples repair attachment injuries, fostering healing within and between the couple
EFT Externships and Core Skills trainings are designed for mental health professionals. This continuing education opportunity offers 24 clinical hours for social workers. Licensed Professional Counselor CEUs have been applied for and are pending approval.
For in-person learning events, Tulane will enforce all local and state mandates to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Current information regarding mandates can be found here.
Registration is $1000. Tulane University faculty, adjunct instructors, faculty, and DSW candidates may contact us for discount codes.