What is Green Infrastructure? The workshop featured Claire Bourseleth, a current DRLA MS student and a civil engineer, covered the terminology used, reviewed some local New Orleans projects and reviewed recent research on resiliency in the area. Attendees walked to view flood mitigation projects in use, talked about the pros and cons and learned how to implement some of these practices in their own yards.
- Walking tour of some local green infrastructure projects
- Review Urban Water Plan, Resiliency Plan and Green infrastructure initiatives in City of New Orleans.
- Best practices for integrating green infrastructure techniques
- Small Group Discussion of Strategies
- Design Session - Mockup of urban area for flood mitigation using green models
- Life by the Drop: A Forum on Water Management in NOLA
The event, moderated by Environment and History professor Eric Hardy, will feature the City of New Orleans Chief Resilience Officer, the Assistant Inspector General, a major urban landscape architect developing resilient water landscapes in the city, Mr. David Waggonner, our own Environmental Law Chair Dr. Robert Verchick, and WWNO reporters.