City Year is proud to partner with Tulane University School of Social Work, a leading graduate school focused on clinical-community practice and promoting social and economic justice with more than 6,000 alumni worldwide, offering 25% annual tuition scholarships.
The mission of the Master of Social Work Program at the Tulane University School of Social Work is to educate future social workers to engage in competent, ethical, clinical-community practice that is relationship-centered, evidence-informed, and empowerment-focused, incorporating a global/local perspective.
MSW Program Goals
- Prepares students to engage in relationship-centered, clinical-community practice to enhance the biopsychosocial capacity and resilience of individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities;
- Teaches students to value human diversity and work to promote social and economic justice;
- Prepares students to create and exchange responsive, community-based knowledge and research for relevant, effective, and innovative social work practice; and
- Promotes integrative learning by drawing from and contributing to the diverse, culturally rich, inspiring, and challenging environment of New Orleans and through opportunities for intercultural experience.
Benefits offered by Tulane University School of Social Work:
|Scholarship Amount||25% Tuition Scholaships|
|Number of Scholarship Awarded Annually||2|
|Application Fee Waiver||Yes|
|Enrollment Deferral||One-year deferral|
Eligibility & Additional Info
- 25% Tuition Scholarship. The scholarship award will be 25% of tuition, for up to two (2) recipients per year for Full Time MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- The scholarship may be renewed in subsequent semesters provided the recipients maintain continuous registration and remain in good academic standing, according to Tulane School of Social Work standards.
- Tulane School of Social Work may permit deferrals up to one year if accepted applicants decide to serve with City Year before starting their studies.
- Scholarship described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid based on the academic strength of the application
Please note: All benefits stated above at Tulane School of Work’s sole discretion may be subject to change, modification or elimination.
Eligible Programs: http://tssw.tulane.edu/admissions
How To Apply: Apply through the Admissions section on our website
To identify your City Year affiliation: Contact the Admissions Office and state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership. Check box for City Year/AmeriCorps on the Tulane School of Social Work application
To Access the Application Fee Waiver and Apply for the Scholarship: Request City Year service verification: Please email the City Year Alumni & Career Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tulane SSW: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent directly to the Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office: email@example.com
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year. Scholarships do not apply to online courses.