Applications to the DSW program open on October 1, 2017 and close on March 31, 2018.
Admission to the DSW program is a competitive process. All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited school.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.3 in both undergraduate and graduate study.
- Three or more years of social service agency employment or the equivalent experience post-masters.
DSW applications are accepted via email or in hard copy form. All application packages must include the following:
Materials to be submitted by applicant
- Completed application and authorizations
- Personal statement (2-3 pages, double-spaced), explaining reasons for applying to the DSW program, past relevant professional experience, future career goals in relation to advanced study plans, and research interests
- Professional resume
- Copies of any publications or research (optional)
- A professional or academic writing sample (optional)
Additional required materials
- Academic transcripts for all colleges and universities attended. These may be submitted as a hard copy to the address below or sent electronically from the college/university registar to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 academic and/or professional letters of reference from persons able to comment on applicant's personal, academic, and professional qualifications. May be submitted in hard copy or electronic form by applicant or directly by recommender.
For non-native English speakers, TOEFL scores should be submitted. Acceptable TOEFL scores are 600 for the paper version, 120 for the computer version and 95 for the web version.
Completed application packages should be submitted via email or mailed to:
Tulane University School of Social Work #8906 127 Elk Place New Orleans, LA 70112
Questions about the application process?
Please email email@example.com.