Applications to the Online DSW program close on December 6, 2019.
Applications to the On Campus 2019 DSW program close on March 31, 2020.
Admission to the DSW program is a competitive process. All applicants must have the following qualifications:
A Master's Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited school.
A minimum grade point average of 3.3 in both undergraduate and graduate study.
Three or more years of social service agency employment or the equivalent experience post-masters.
All DSW (on-campus and online) applications are accepted online.
All application packages must include the following:
Materials to be submitted by applicant
- Completed application and authorizations
- Personal statement (2-3 pages, double-spaced), explaining reasons for applying to the DSW program, past relevant professional experience, future career goals in relation to advanced study plans, and research interests
- Professional resume
- Copies of any publications or research (optional)
- A professional or academic writing sample (optional)
- Applicants will need to complete the education history section in their online applications. Transcripts for all of their bachelor or post-bachelor institutions (domestic and international) should be entered and must be received prior to going to review.
- Important notes:
- Unofficial copies of transcripts can be uploaded to an application as PDF files. Applicants upload one PDF transcript for each school that they have attended.
- Official transcripts must be sent and received by a university representative.
- Transfer credits on transcripts:
- Official transcripts from the institution where credits were obtained must be submitted in order for credits to be reviewed for transfer. Only credits earned within the previous five years are eligible for transfer.
- Course descriptions and syllabi for courses applicants wish to transfer must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International transcripts will need to be evaluated to show equivalency of the U.S. four-year degree. Applicants are asked to please include a WES evaluation with their transcripts.
- Applicants may submit their official transcripts either electronically or through traditional mail.
- Electronic official transcripts can be sent to: email@example.com
- Hard-copy transcripts can be mailed to: Tulane University School of Social Work, Admissions Department, 127 Elk Place, New Orleans, LA 70112
Letters of Recommendation
- A minimum of two Letters of Recommendation (LORs) must be received. The recommenders will submit the letters of recommendation directly into the application portal. Applicants should select two individuals who know them well and have agreed to write a recommendation. As an applicant, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- If you are presently working or have been engaged in volunteer work in human services, one letter should be submitted by your supervisor or employer.
- If you are currently a student, two (2) letters should be submitted by a faculty advisor or professor in your major area.
- NO personal references (family, friends, social acquaintances, co-workers) will be accepted.
- We ask applicants to please have on hand the name, title, professional email address, phone number and relationship of each recommender.
For non-native English speakers, TOEFL scores should be submitted. Acceptable TOEFL scores are 600 for the paper version, 120 for the computer version and 95 for the web version.
Completed application packages should be submitted via email or mailed to: Tulane University School of Social Work #8906, 127 Elk Place, New Orleans, LA 70112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the application process?
Please email email@example.com.