Deadlines for Fall 2024 On Campus Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy:
Early Submission Deadline:
Priority Submission Deadline:
Final Submission Deadline:
The DRLA Faculty Steering Committee evaluates all applications for admission in the graduate program. Admission decisions take into account undergraduate and graduate courses and grades, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement of purpose. International students must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to substantiate English language proficiency. We encourage prospective applicants to communicate with the program via phone and/or email and secure answers to any questions they might have regarding the program. When feasible, a face-to-face meeting and campus tour may be arranged.
Admission to the Program is based on a matrix assessment that takes the following elements into account.
- Applicant's undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) record
- Two Academic and/or professional recommendations
- International students only: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in lieu of the TOEFL examination
- If applicable, employment and other relevant experiences, including any relevant courses that did not result in degree credit
- International students must also complete a Certificate of Finance prior to being accepted
The following materials are required for admission into the DRL graduate program:
- Completed Tulane University Graduate Program Application
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate-level institutions.
- Required minimum: an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Recommended GPA: 3.0 minimum (on a 4.0 scale)
- For transcripts in a language other than English, please provide a certified English translation with an explanation of the grading system directly to the program
To be considered official, a transcript (1) must be sent directly from your institution to Tulane School of Social Work and (2) must show completion of coursework for the degree, the degree earned, and the date of degree conferral.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and professional sources
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé
- Foreign students only: Non-US citizens applying for admission must present satisfactory evidence of sufficient competence in English to read, write, speak and understand. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report is required for each applicant whose native language is not English or if English was not the language of instruction at the institution where the applicant received his or her degree(s). Required minimum: 600 (paper version); 120 (computer based version); or 95 (internet based version). Official TOEFL test scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the DRLA Program via the Tulane School of Social Work, the code is: 6183. We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in lieu of the TOEFL examination. For information about these exams, see http://web1.toefl.org
Reference/recommendation letters can be submitted via the application web site, mailed to the TSSW Office, or to the email address below:
Tulane University School of Social Work #8906
127 Elk Place
New Orleans, LA 70112
Take a Virtual Tour
Take a tour of Tulane School of Social Work's newly renovated building and learn how we're doing work that matters.